Sunday 15 May 2011

Game of Thrones (so far... review)

OK, I never read George R R Martin's novels "A Song of Ice and fire" so I can't compare the (amazing!) HBO series Game of Thrones with the source material. But I watched the first four episodes and they are absolutely epic and awesome. The cast is ace, the story will draw you in, costumes, set, all big scale. They hint at a world of legendary beasts and strange creatures lurking outside the boundaries of the civilised realm, which is separated from the wilderness by a massive wall. I am sure we will soon discover the odd and exotic creatures that live on the other side of the wall. 

I am watching the series with fresh eyes, because I know absolutely nothing about the story-line, and for that I am happily losing myself in it. 

All I can say is that it's great and has amazing production value. HBO did not fall short of a making a big blockbuster film, only they serialised it for TV. 

If you love drama, violence, sex, intrigue, fantasy, good actors strutting around in big armours and shiny swords... then this will be right up your street.  


No comments:

Post a Comment