Monday 2 May 2011

Things that aren't cool are cool because the ones that are cool eventually become uncool

I believe in things that aren't cool.

I simply love them and I embrace uncoolness with all my heart.

One of the things that makes people "cool" is fashion, don't we all know that? But fashion is ephemeral, it's a bubble that floats in the sky just for a moment before bursting. So if you follow fashion and you think you are cool, think again because what makes you cool today,  is going to make you well uncool tomorrow. Remember the 1990's? They weren't all that long ago...









Try to wear that today and think yourself cool. But fashions are swings and roundabouts, sooner or later, maybe 20 years from now, someone will indeed wear one of those jackets with the largest shoulder pads, or the jeans pulled up and the shirt tucked in and think himself the dog's bollocks.

Personally, I prefer those who are considered to be uncool (surely, being myself one). They last. Uncool people are consistent with themselves and their uncoolness, they know where they stand, no one tells them what to wear, what to say, how to say it. They don't give a damn. In fact they wear their uncoolness with pride. Maybe one day, someone will start an uncool fashion trend that's really quite cool.

Meantime, we are plagued by this...

and I cannot wait to see the end of this trend so that all the saggers in the world will rush home to burn the photos in which they are posing with their Calvin Klein (if they are real cool saggers) exposed for the world to see.


I mean... seriously?!


But coolness does not restrict to fashion only. Anything from gadgets, accessories, things to do or see, are all out there waiting to be had, for the real cool people. Anything with the prefix "i-" is cool. Saying "your" instead of "you're" is cool. Cool are acronyms and cool it is to make up words (well, actually, that IS pretty cool if you do it well).
It's also cool to replace your boobs with cereal bowls...

And because I'm starting to sound like my grandmother, who thinks it is cool to wear hair clips to stop hair going into your eyes, I'd better stop here...

No comments:

Post a Comment