Tuesday 19 October 2010

The nerd in me is a nerd indeed

Ok folks, to those who do not know anything about World of Warcraft... go find out. To those who know the game, I assume you know it's one of the most played MMORPG in the world and of course with each expansion it gets bigger, better, faster, stronger and so on. The latest expansion, soon to be released, is called Cataclysm and this trailer makes me feel so nerdy I want to go out there and scream it to the winds.

To those who actually also play the game, and have not just heard about it from their addicted mates or younger (or older) siblings, you will have noticed massive changes to the game already with the latest patch. It took the good part of 6 hours to download, and now I feel like I have to re-learn literally everything about WoW. I have all together 10 characters, all on alliance, at least on my server Hellscream, and they are one from each class. So good luck to me working out how they've been nerfed. My mains are a warlock and a hunter and I haven't got a frigging clue how to play them anymore. No more mana for hunters (maybe not so much a bad thing) and locks... where are their sould shards?

Told you, the nerd in me is a nerd indeed, my japanese is not so much better.

Even if you don't give a damn about video games, watch this trailer because it seriously rocks. Blizzard has promised its fans to make a feature film out of WoW which Sam Raimi should apparently direct (he's allegedly attached to the project). Rumour has it they want to make it a live action movie, but watching this trailer I keep sighing and thinking that if they made it all CGI, with a good script, it would cause brain orgasms to the millions of WoW players out there... and to their mates who would go watch the film out of curiosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment