Wednesday 13 April 2011

Brevity is not the only soul of wit

Sorry Polonius and Shakespeare. Yes, being brief implies a certain ability to self edit and go to the point of something, acumen is not a widespread quality, but one can top brevity and wit with long-worded posts to mock and wind up the recipients, with enough wit to light a cruise ship around the world. (Try to say that all in one breath!)

I just spent... er... quite some time reading David Thorne's website, wasting precious time of my work-at-home day. His emails are not sharp, brief and witty, but they are sharp, intentionally prolix and witty. A gem of the www which I hope you'll enjoy as much as I did, and that I hope will make you waste enough precious time of your day as it did for me.

My favourite page must be his son's musing view of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment