Wednesday 24 November 2010

Jingle bells

I have just booked my ticket to fly home for Christmas and I'm seriously happy (what a wonderful oxymoron, isn't it?!). After years of bad travelling with Ryanair I converted fully to British Airways. Yes it's more expensive, although only slightly, as once Ryanair is done adding taxes that sound like pretexts with a cause, you end up paying way more than you expected from the early stages of the booking process. So BA it is, and Xmas in Rome it is, hurray!  I know it's about a month away, but booking the flight has immediately put me in a festive mood. This will be a nice Xmas. Surely there'll be arguments, it's not Xmas without a good family argument, over whatever topic. Normally my mum leads the dance in that as she always has plenty of things to pick fights about, she's full of resources like any devout Catholic. But the prospect of family arguments is not tainting my good mood. I am thinking of being home with Dad who's recovering from chemo, operation and well... cancer. I'm thinking I'll be seeing my nan who's not in great shape herself, but she always smiles. I'm thinking that my book of short stories will probably make it into print just in time for Xmas and I may have a chance to do a presentation for it somewhere in Rome. I'm thinking of all the good food and most specifically all the panettoni, pandori and torroni that will land on the table. I'm thinking of spending some time with my sister, who's still recovering from her leg injury. I'm thinking of all the cuddles and hugs I will exchange with my family and friends, all the catching up and laughter, and that makes for a cracking Xmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment